Saturday, March 1, 2008

Neil Diamond...


This entry was inspired by my daughter, Tobi. In her blog she says there is a song by Neil Diamond that reminds her of me. I hope she doesn't mind me including her comments here.

"I have always thought that you looked like Neil Diamond. Take it as a compliment because he's an attractive man. Almost any song of his reminds me of you. Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show just happens to be the funniest."

Something you may not know about me is that I'm a fan of his. Some songs I'm not crazy about and his singing style can grind on me at times. But in 1974 I saw the movie "Jonathon Livingston Seagull" I thought it was a flop but the music (by Neil Diamond) was incredible. I immediately bought the album. I drove my parent's crazy because I was always playing that record. To this day I still listen to it.

Some music is like comfort food. When nothing else will soothe my soul, I listen to Jonathon Livingston Seagull. It may have to do with the fact that it has some very prominent trumpet parts and the theme of the movie is flying. Go figure. Me? Attracted to trumpets and flying?

1 comment:

Tobi said...

WHOO-HOO! I'm famous enough that someone wants to quote me!

I'm glad that you like Neil Diamond too. I like you writing sytle Dad, so keep blogging!