Friday, February 8, 2008

Cedar Waxwing




Today I was looking out my bedroom window and saw five birds eating crabapples. I didn't know what they were so I had to look for them in my field guide. They are Cedar Waxwing's. They didn't mind me being inside, but as soon as I went outside with my camera they moved to the other side of the tree. I had to go back inside and let them settle down then slowly work my way outside. The very end of the tail feathers look like they have been dipped in bright yellow paint. What you can't see in the picture are two red spots near their wingtips.
Canon 10D, EF-L 80-200 lens, 1/750 @ f 5.6 (I think)

4 comments:

Tobi said...

Great picture Dad!! What kind of lens are you using? What f stop? What's your ISO? Give me details please!!

Deanne said...

Dude!
The clarity of the Cedar Waxwing photos is stunning. Thanks for sharing.
Enos

Tobi said...

I love all your quotes on your blog. They make me snicker every time I read them. Calvin and Hobbes ROCKS!!

Tobi said...

Dad,

I have always thought that you looked like Neil Diamond. Take it as a compliment because he's an attractive man. Almost any song of his reminds me of you. Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show just happens to be the funniest.

LOVE YA!!