Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's been a long time...























...since I've shot a large caliber hunting rifle. Okay, I know there are bigger calibers but a .30-06 is big for me. 12 shots and 12 holes, all from 100 yards. It's a start. On the drive home I was wondering when I've shot last. About four years ago I shot about 30 rounds of .22. Fourteen years ago I borrowed a .243 from a friend; one shot and I brought a deer home. Twenty-seven years ago I bought a Remington .308 and only shot it a few times. So you see, I have very little experience. Must shoot more.

2 comments:

Tobi said...

HA! I haven't shot a rifle in a coon's age. You can bet your sweet bippy that I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Warren Evans said...

Maybe Joel can give me some pointers...you know us AF guys really never learned how to shoot.